news >> Thales Contracts EMS to Provide Athena-Fidus Ka-band Hardware
|Thales Contracts EMS to Provide Athena-Fidus Ka-band Hardware|
|Date:2011-07-11 10:31 Hits:|
| EMS Technologies’ Defense and Space subsidiary has won a contract withThales Alenia Space to provide Ka-band redundant low noiseamplifier(RLNA) switching hardware to support Europe’s Athena-Fidus satellite, EMS announced July 8.
EMS will deliver civil broadband Internet technologies, including a ferrite switch and driver electronics, to meet Thales Alenia Space’s 2013 launch date for the French-Italian telecommunications satellite. EMS Technologies will have switching hardware in use on over 20 military and commercial satellites as a result of the contract.
The RLNA is a key front-end component of the payload that employs selective beam-switching to provide coverage in high-demand areas. Athena-Fidus will be used by in French and Italian defense forces, as well as civil security agencies, to complement the capabilities already offered by other European cooperative architectures.
“We selected EMS for their longstanding history of providing space-qualified hardware for communications satellites. The combination of EMS and Thales Alenia Space will provide the French and Italian governments with a highly reliable and capable satellite system for military and government use,” Thales Alenia Space Senior Vice President Nathalie Smirnov said in a statement.
- Eutelsat Reports Growth, Confirms Financial Objectives Thro...
- Norsat’s Satellite Systems Segment Provides Boost in Third ...
- Comtech Wins Two Military Equipment Deals
- Gilat Wins Bolivia Cellular Backhaul Deal
- Inmarsat Reports Strong Quarter for All Sectors
- SNG Broadcast Services Taps Genesis Networks to Give Broadc...
- SES, Airbus Defence and Space Delivering Satcom Services to Enterprise Markets
- Antenna System for Tracking LEO and MEO Satellites launched by TeleCommunication Systems
- Arabsat and CETel Take part in African Extended C-band partnership
- 5,000 TrackPhone for mini-VSAT Broadband Network shipped by KVH
- AMC Networks Choose to Distribute Programming toCanadian MSOS with Telesat C-band Capacity
- China and France Support Agreement for Research Satellite
- Norsat Brings out 0.9 Meter Carbon Fiber Manpack
- Earth Station Antenna Tracking System Introduction
- How to Site VSAT Antenna - Rx/Tx antenna
- Application and Development of Flyaway Satellite Station in News Gathering System
- Earth Station Antenna New Technology
- How to site an earth station antenna
- 0.9 M or 1.2 M Ku-band Automatic Flyaway Antenna
- Antesky Introduces Flyaway Antenna