news >> AfricaSat-2 Enters Service
|AfricaSat-2 Enters Service|
|Date:2010-01-18 17:54 Hits:|
| Measat Satellite Systems’ AfricaSat-2 entered service Jan. 13, the operator announced.
The satellite provides both C and Ku-Band capacity for telecommunications and broadcasting services across Africa, Southern Europe and the Middle East from an inclined orbital slot at 5.7 degrees East. “The African market is emerging as a key market for satellite communications. The commissioning of AfricaSat-2 strengthens our network coverage in this key region,” Measat Senior Vice President Ali Ebadi said in a statement.
- Eutelsat Reports Growth, Confirms Financial Objectives Thro...
- Norsat’s Satellite Systems Segment Provides Boost in Third ...
- Comtech Wins Two Military Equipment Deals
- Gilat Wins Bolivia Cellular Backhaul Deal
- Inmarsat Reports Strong Quarter for All Sectors
- SNG Broadcast Services Taps Genesis Networks to Give Broadc...
- SES, Airbus Defence and Space Delivering Satcom Services to Enterprise Markets
- Antenna System for Tracking LEO and MEO Satellites launched by TeleCommunication Systems
- Arabsat and CETel Take part in African Extended C-band partnership
- 5,000 TrackPhone for mini-VSAT Broadband Network shipped by KVH
- AMC Networks Choose to Distribute Programming toCanadian MSOS with Telesat C-band Capacity
- China and France Support Agreement for Research Satellite
- Norsat Brings out 0.9 Meter Carbon Fiber Manpack
- Earth Station Antenna Tracking System Introduction
- How to Site VSAT Antenna - Rx/Tx antenna
- Application and Development of Flyaway Satellite Station in News Gathering System
- Earth Station Antenna New Technology
- How to site an earth station antenna
- 0.9 M or 1.2 M Ku-band Automatic Flyaway Antenna
- Antesky Introduces Flyaway Antenna